Winter brides! Your ultimate guide on how to prepare for your outdoor winter wedding
A winter wedding in New York certainly has its romantic perks: the city strewn with holiday lights, a fresh dusting of powder white snow, and generally less congested outdoor areas for getting great shots.
However, a winter winter wedding can also mean having to bear some pretty cold temperatures. Check out my list of winter wedding must-haves to be sure you are prepared for anything and can focus on enjoying your day!
Outdoor winter wedding shoot must haves:
- Ear muffs - a great way to keep warm without messing up you hair! Get a cute pair and make it part of your look! -
- Gloves - a cute cashmere elbow length pair looks great! or just a plain old pair of mittens for warming up in between or for some fun winter looks
- A stole or warm wide scarf to match your dress - You may think you are tough enough to sport a sleeveless dress mid-winter, but the truth is that sometimes weather will win and you'll be happy to have the option for a bit of warmth but still look cute.
- Bring that down parka too! - its a great savior to have on the sidelines for a quick warm up between shots or when traveling to new locations
- Consider wearing cute boots instead of an open heel or bringing a pair of boots along to switch into for any down-time walking between locations
- Layer up under your dress with thermal leggings or leg warmers - leg warmers are great even with shorter dresses as they can easily be stripped off or hiked up out of sight.
- Warm socks - again, for the downtime between locations you can warm up your feet
- Hand & feet warmers - Get some hand and foot warmer packets! You can grab them at any drug store in NYC, they heat up when exposed to the air, are surprisingly hot and last for hours!
Need any more tips? Have any suggestions to add? Please comment below